Sunday, December 2, 2018

Year Wrap Up


Dear Ones,                                                                                                                                           Dec. 2018

It’s been a very crazy busy year with a lot of changes!

I am still on the executive board over at PSP – doing fundraising. I’ve put on 4 different fundraiser shows and one was a musical review that I helped create! It was a lot of fun and has helped make some good cash for the theater. Our goal is to use the money to buy hearing devices so those hard of hearing can hear our shows better.

Early this year - my job of almost 4 years, office location was going to be torn down. They looked for a new location and found a place in Richmond, to which I informed them I would not be staying on. So it was a sad farewell to Swinerton Builders. I then started a new job right away with F. W. Spencer, which is another construction company. Also sadly –  I felt strongly I needed to move on.

In August I changed jobs again to where I am currently. Sett Construction. You guessed it – another construction company! Where I am now an office manager. It’s owned by a tech company so there is a great deal of that Silicon Valley vibe going on (a key phrase is Disrupt!). Things change daily around here, but the commute is good, and I like many of my co-workers.

Earlier this year my oldest nephew got married and I went down for a lovely backyard wedding at my brother’s house. Full of family and fun – they even performed “Who’s on First” (abbot and Costello style) a real Collett tradition. My second nephew also made me a grand aunt for the 2nd time. Now I have 2 grand nieces! Our family is growing.

We also had a big family reunion celebrating Colletts, upon the 10-year anniversary of my mom’s passing. We ate traditional Collett family foods, played games and shared fond memories. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate being a part of our family. We should do it more often.

This year I turned 40 (if you can believe it) and I had several celebrations. My best friend from Portland came in and we celebrated with a big night in the city. Seeing a show, dressing up, and got a generous hook up by staying the famous Sir Francis Drake hotel in downtown San Francisco! Another night I threw a party at the theater where we played games and watched Up on the big screen and had all my theater friends there (about 20 people!). And on my actual birthday we did a quick in and out visit to Disneyland! Where 3 of my good friends came and we all shared a room at the Disneyland hotel where I got to stay for the first time ever. It was pretty amazing.

To top off the end of my year – I got a nominated for Best Leading Actress in a Play (Local)FATHER OF THE BRIDE - Pacifica Spindrift Players! I was so excited! It truly is an honor to just be nominated. And if you are interested in voting – anyone can! You just go to their website and go through the categories and can vote for me. https://www.broadwayworld.com/san-francisco/vote2018region.cfm all you need is a valid e-mail address and a name.

So as you can see, it’s been an active year! Thanks for letting me share it with you.
As always – thank you for being a part of my life, and may your Christmas be full of love, joy, and peace. And may your New Year be blessed with new friends, new adventures, and new ways to find happiness.

 Much love and holiday cheer

No comments:

Post a Comment